difference between forging and casting:
The main difference between forging and casting is more features available in forging process. The Finished forging product to introduce grain size improvement and un- interrupted grain flow in structure. By using forging method have more advantage as compare to casting process.
Some advantage of forging is
- Finished part weight will be reduced.
- More material saving (or) low material loss during the process
- High toughness and strength
- Cracks, porosity, blowholes and more defects are eliminated.
- The machine finish minimum to be carried out on part when this forged in dies
- The forging able to withstand unpredictable wads during the process.
They are main advantages as compare to casting method.